Drillers Offsider – Bendigo
Swick Mining Services (ASX:SWK) is one of Australia’s largest mineral drilling contractors, providing high quality, high value, underground and surface drilling services globally. Swick is a market leader in the development of innovative rig designs and drilling practices that deliver improved productivity, value, safety and versatility.
Seeking Driller’s Offsiders to join the team and help continue success. Previous Experience will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will receive attractive hourly rates plus bonus, structured FIFO/DIDO Rosters, excellent accommodation and conditions with career opportunities.
Offsider your duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Accepting and acting on the instructions from the driller in a safe and timely manner
- Gaining the skills to maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Pulling rods: loading and unloading drill rods out of feed mechanism in the drill rig
- Performing pre-starts on all equipment including PPE
- Cleaning and loading the core
To be considered for this position, the following essential criteria will need to be met;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol screen;
- Current Police Clearance or ability to obtain*
- Physically fit & healthy,
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
* All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Candidates from an Indigenous and Torrest Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Across entire business, people come first. The culture within the Swick team is paramount. They support employees with competitive remuneration, work/life balance, career pathways and employee benefits which include Wellness Cover, Travel Discounts and Income Protection as part of the Swick Corporate Superannuation Scheme.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experience Underground Mining Drillers Offsider FIFO Bendigo
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.