You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Engineer – Coal Mine Site FIFO
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so there clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. There people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
Are you searching for your next challenge and the opportunity to join a fantastic organization?
They are searching for a Mining Engineer to join the team at the Dawson South site. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will work collaboratively with a close-knit team to deliver high-quality solutions and results.
The Dawson South Coal Mine is in the lower Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 140 kilometers southwest of Gladstone just outside Moura.
Thiess have successfully secured a contract extension to operate this site for another 3 years. This role will offer the successful candidate long-term career opportunities with ongoing training and development. On offer is a 5/2 roster with flights and accommodation provided!
As the Mining Engineer at Dawson you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the execution of all aspects of the mine planning function
- Providing guidance and input into the drill and blast and pit design processes
- Assessing opportunities to maximize equipment utilization
- Completing rehabilitation and water management designs
- Liaising with production staff to ensure plans are being executed as per design
- Providing guidance and technical support to other site engineers
- You will be safety conscious, efficient, cost effective and innovative whilst ensuring production targets are met.
Some of the key skills required to be successful in this role are:
- Demonstrated experience in mine planning, pit design and drill and blast
- Strong communication skills and approach ability with a positive can-do attitude
- Open cut coal mining experience in a similar role
- Proven experience and a strong understanding of Vulcan
- Experience with high precision GPS, on site data capture and reporting systems
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this fantastic role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Dawson South Coal Mine Site Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list