If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
QLD Underground CAT Bogger Operators
Barminco is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Australia, Africa, Egypt and India. Established in Western Australia in 1989, they have spent over 25 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor.
They are driven by the continued success at operations and exceeding client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of their workforce is the key to success, and are searching for talented people to join their business. They seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to their company values and dedicated to helping clients.
In return, they provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. They look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
These opportunities are permanent positions, FIFO out of Cairns, Townsville or Brisbane on 2/2 rosters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bog development headings and stockpiles to trucks
- Keep trucks operating at full efficiency ensuring all ore, low grade, marginal and waste are kept separate
- Bog out and clean faces. This may also include inspecting for miss-fires including notification to Shift Supervisor, hosing down and scaling
- Remote Bog from open stopes using Tele-Remotes
- Tram material from stockpiles and other bogging duties as required
- Keep all roads in working area tidy and free from pooling water and other potential hazards
- Manual and tele-remote bogging of production stopes to stockpiles.
- Experience with Sandvik and/or Cat Boggers
- Experience with Tele-Remote Boggers
- Current & Valid Australian Driver License
- Rights to Work in Australia
- Ability to pass a PEM & DAS
- Suitable National Police Clearance
- Solid history in an Underground mining operation
- Reliability and good work ethic
- Strong safety and hazard identification
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with Barminco’s values and can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work / life balance.
If successful, a full pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol screen will be required, as well as a National Police Clearance.
If you have the skills and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s Operations Team, they welcome your application.
Would you like to apply?
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Cat Bogger Operators FIFO QLD