Underground Mechanical Maintenance Planner
Glencore is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. There operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries.
They employ approximately 160,000 people including contractors and we provide people with the opportunity to develop and grow their expertise and the confidence to grow their careers.
- Long Term Maintenance Planner
- Underground Mining
- Cloncurry/North West Queensland/Australia
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Planner working with the Underground Mechanical Fixed Plant team at Ernest Henry Mine. You will be working closely with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Supervisors and their crews coordinating maintenance plans and strategies for the repair and maintenance of the fixed plant equipment. Your role will also involve supporting the Underground Fixed Plant Shutdown Co-ordinator.
Underground Mechanical Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and producing budget proposals for fixed plant equipment refurbishments;
- Tracking of maintenance costs, time frames and key performance indicators;
- Ordering and tracking critical parts and spares for maintenance teams;
- Forward planning and the development of pre-emptive strategies to ensure minimal downtime of critical equipment to maximize the use of parts/labour availability;
- Activities including managing of contractors and contracts within the section;
- Assisting in the development of Standard Jobs APL’s, JSA’s, risk analysis, SWI’s and scoping of jobs;
- Ensuring safe work behaviours for yourself and your fellow team.
Following skillset and attributes would be highly regarded:
- Mechanical trade qualification with fixed plant maintenance experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated previous planning experience;
- Ellipse or similar software experience preferred;
- Strong focus on continuous improvements, condition monitoring and asset management practices; and
- Ability to work in a team and prioritize tasks in a highly functional work environment.
This role is residential based in Cloncurry or Drive in/Drive out from Mount Isa.
How to apply:
If you meet the above criteria please apply by clicking APPLY NOW and attach your current resume.
Apply for Underground Mechanical Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.