If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Heavy Diesel Fitters – FIFO QLD
Barminco Ltd is currently seeking a suitably experienced HD Fitters for various Barminco sites in regional Western Australia.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman you will be required to attend breakdowns and first response problem solving in the field & Underground along with scheduled maintenance.
The positions offered are FIFO from Brisbane, Cairns & Townsville on a 2/2 Family Friendly Roster
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems
- Breakdown repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment
- Ensure a safe workplace through daily inspections for hazards
- Diagnose faults and recommend repairs / improvements
- Perform maintenance according company standards and work instructions
- Maintain critical maintenance data on a daily basis
- Be proactive in all preventative maintenance procedures to ensure quality repairs are maintained
- Extensive experience working on underground earthmoving machinery including makes such as CAT and Sandvik
- Australian Recognized Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Ability to FIFO from Perth
- C’ Class Drivers License.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment
- Previous experience working within the mining industry
- Commitment to safety.
Your proactive attitude to safety and driven work ethic will see you as a much valued employee in line with Barminco’s values and can do’ attitude, and will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package completing our vision of a work life balance in a strong team environment.
A full pre-employment medical is required, including a drug and alcohol screen and site specific clearances. A National Police Clearance and any necessary tickets or qualifications are required to be presented at time of interview.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Machinery Heavy Diesel Fitters FIFO QLD