Longwall Electrical Coordinator
- Competitive salary with a great company
- Be part of a skilled engineering and maintenance team
- Opportunity to add value
Peabody Energy is the world’s largest private-sector coal company and a Fortune 500 company by revenue. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in 25 countries on six continents.
Safety: We commit to safety and health as a way of life.
Customer Focus: We provide customers with quality products and excellent service.
Leadership: We have the courage to lead, and do so through inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution.
People: We offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop employees.
Excellence: We are accountable for our own success. We operate cost-competitive mines by applying continuous improvement and technology-driven solutions.
Integrity: We act in an honest and ethical manner.
Sustainability: We take responsibility for the environment, benefit our communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
About the role:
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager (EEM), you will be responsible for the development, planning and close out of all electrical maintenance activities to facilitate optimal performance of the longwall to ensure all production and maintenance targets are safely executed on time and within budget. The successful applicant will work a Monday-Friday dayshift roster.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a systematic approach in the identification and delivery of sustainable electrical maintenance processes and methods
- Effective leadership and development of the electrical maintenance crews to ensure the optimal performance of equipment and delivery of the mine plan.
- Manage longwall automation OEM’s and contractors
- Lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives across crews
- Develop overhaul scopes for longwall equipment and manage critical spares to optimise availability of the asset
- Ensure all statutory inspections and maintenance tooling/safety equipment is maintained and periodic calibrations/inspections are recorded
- Ensure underground equipment compliance aligns with site standards
- Assist with budget development and expenditure management via SAP maintenance/purchasing system
- Oversee and provide guidance in the execution of the weekly work and shutdown schedules to minimise any unscheduled work.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and all Peabody and North Goonyella site policies and procedures
Critical to your success will be:
- Electrical trade qualification or engineering degree
- EEM competencies will be highly regarded
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in an underground coal mine (experience within a longwall environment will be highly regarded)
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and ability to foster and maintain a positive safety culture
- Supervisor qualifications (S1, S2, S3 & G2) and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Induction
- Strong leadership and ability to motivate a high performing team
- Proficient with a computerised maintenance management systems (SAP), MS Office suite and project management software (Microsoft Project)
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a “can do” attitude
NOTE: When you apply for this job Longwall Electrical Coordinator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Would you like to apply for this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.