Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Longhole Driller Service Crew – Mount Isa QLD
Barminco is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Australia, Africa, Egypt and India. Established in Western Australia in 1989, they have spent over 25 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. They are driven by the continued success at operations and exceeding there client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of there workforce is the key to success, and they are searching for talented people to join our business. They seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to their company values and dedicated to helping there clients.
In return, they provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. They look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Barminco Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Longhole Operator with Service Crew experience for Dugald River Mine Site located in far north region of Queensland on a permanent 2:1 roster.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately drill a series of Long holes to a design pattern using a mechanized drill.
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patterns and metes.
- Extend ventilation services to areas where needed which includes hanging ventilation bags and moving/installing secondary fans
- Extend water and air services where needed
- Move and install pumps as required
- Maintain and repair services and equipment such as vent bags, poly pipe and vales
- ‘C’ Class Drivers License.
- Previous experience working as a Longhole Driller
- Previous experience working in Service Crew
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Longhole Machine.
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment;
- Commitment to safety.
Underground Longhole Driller Service Mining Crew QLD
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with Barminco‘s values and ‘can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work / life balance.
If you are successful, as part of the on boarding process, you will be required to undertake a full pre-employment medical, and drug and alcohol screening. Site specific clearances will also be required, which includes a National Police Clearance Certificate.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s Operations Team, they welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Longhole Driller Service Mining Crew QLD