Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Fitters & Electricians
- Dayshift from $120K per annum
- Fixed Term Contract
- Attractive Bonuses
WorkPac Group have been awarded a long term contract to provide operational labour at Integra Underground Mine, near Singleton in the Upper Hunter Valley. Integra Underground Mine is a recently re-opened Operation, building a safe and robust workforce.
The Operation has recently received approvals to mine an additional longwall block, taking the current project to 3 LW blocks. This operation is also executing an exploration drilling program and studies to determine the viability of up to another five longwall blocks. Integra is expected to produce 1.3 million tonnes of high fluidity saleable coking coal for 2017.
Seeking motivated trade qualified Electricians and Fitters with underground mining experience to join the team. You will be an integral crew member driving performance through efficient maintenance processes.
Duties will include;
- Fault finding, diagnose & repairing and/ or replacing components as required;
- Maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements;
- Accurately complete all required daily activity and safety reporting.
Successful applicants will have;
- Proactive approach to safety
- Relevant trade qualifications;
- Proven experience working with underground coal mining equipment including;
- Joy Miners
- Jana diagnostics
- CAT Automated Longwall
- CAT Softwares
- Development and outbye underground mining equipment
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Sound reliability and attendance record
- Energy, motivation and drive and the ability to work well within a high functioning team
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.