You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Longwall Electricians Fitters Operators – QLD
Currently recruiting for Underground Electricians/Fitters/Operators with Longwall experience for upcoming projects in the Bowen Basin.
The successful candidate will need to have a proactive attitude towards safety, a positive and productive focus and excellent interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on team work.
Mandatory qualifications and experience required
- 2 Years Experience working in underground coal mining
- Minimum 12 months Longwall Experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- QLD Coal Board Medical with Chest X-Ray
- Standard 11 Induction Training for Underground
- Trade Certificates
- DES Certificate
- Electrical Licence
- Install & Maintain Electrical Equipment for Hazardous Areas (EEHA)
- Conduct Underground Lifting and Slinging
- S123 & G2 required for Supervisors and Leading Hands
Desirable skills and experience:
- EIMCO 130 / ED10 / LH40 / MH60
TECH SERVE offer:
- Accommodation and meals while on roster
- Competitive market rates
- 7/7 Roster available
They deliver a complete resource solution for underground mining, providing trade qualified electricians, fitters, engineers, supervisors and project managers for a diverse range of areas within the resource sectors. There highly skilled personnel are available for both short and long term projects.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply Underground Electricians Fitters Operators – QLD Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list