You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Electricians – Coal Mine Development Role
- Production Bonus Payable
- 7/7 Family Friendly Rosters
- Competitive Rates
- Super paid on all hours
- Annual & Sick Leave paid at Site Rates
- Possible Subby Contracts
- Central Bowen Basin – via Middlemount/Tieri
Essential Mining Services – EMS – is a diverse and progressive business with over a decade in the coal & hard-rock mining industry. Track record demonstrates dedication to providing exemplary service & solutions to Customers and to providing long term stable employment for growing team.
Due to industry requirements and high safety-focus:
- Previous Underground Experience in a Coal Mine
- Queensland Standard 11 Induction Training – UG
- Queensland Coal Board Medical – UG Section 4
- Current Drugs Screen
- Driver’s License
- Trade Qualifications
- Up to date Resume highlighting Underground experience
- Demonstrated safety focus and outlook with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Underground Fitters and Operators also required for 7/7 rosters
- DIDO – Camp meals & accom provided
- Competitive rates and opportunities for appropriately skilled, dedicated & experienced persons
- Long term stable employment – full time roles including annual leave
- Opportunities for advancement
These roles are the result of our Customers increased confidence in capabilities and awarding increased opportunities to provide relevantly skilled personnel via an expanded team.
EMS prides itself on its reputation for providing safe, quality & innovative solutions to the mining industry. Principle team has a broad knowledge & skill base with many years significant industry experience and who value the contributions on-site team at the coal face.
They are family orientated people who are dedicated to supporting positive culture and progressive- improvement family-supportive lifestyle for all team. If you would like the opportunity to join vibrant, expanding team or just find out more.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Electricians Coal Mining Development Coalfields
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list