See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Electrical and Processing Plant Maintenance Planner – Australia
Located in the Laverton region, AngloGold Ashanti Australia’s world class Sunrise Dam operation is one of Western Australia’s premier gold mines. This large-scale underground operation employs more than 500 people and produces approximately 230,000 ounces of gold per annum. Operating on an attractive fly-in fly-out roster, Sunrise Dam boasts excellent accommodation and facilities and recently celebrated 20 years of uninterrupted gold production. This role is based at the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine on an 8/4/4/5 roster from Perth.
Accountable to the Planning Superintendent, this role is accountable for developing maintenance plans to ensure maximum efficiency for maintenance personnel.
The main tasks of the role include
- Liaise with maintenance coordinators and superintendent to develop executable plans
- Supporting the development and implementation of appropriate asset management strategies through effective maintenance planning for all equipment and associated systems
- Improving work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labor, parts and material, and equipment access
- As a key contact and liaison person between Maintenance, Operations and other supported departments ensuring Maintenance is provided as a timely, efficient and quality service.
- Supporting operations as they balance their need for daily output with their need for equipment reliability through proactive & predictive maintenance
- Providing long term planning through systematic analysis of backlog relative to available resources and generate long term planning forecasts
- Optimizing preventative maintenance and condition monitoring schedules and procedures
- Planning & preparing all documents (Work Orders, specifications, procedures/instructions, purchase orders, service contracts, task schedules, report forms etc.)
- Implement the electrical maintenance plans into task lists
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers for the provision of supplies and services.
- Liaise with the purchasing and master data to keep spares holdings and stores stock up to date in line with requirements.
- Develop life cycle asset management plans and zero based budgets for equipment.
- The role includes a surface processing plant, infrastructure and underground electrical planning.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Engineering degree or trade in an electrical discipline with at least 3 years’ experience as a planner or planner/supervisor in a mining operation
- Experience in using a CMMS system, particularly SAP and intermediate skills in MS Office
- Experience in remote site reliability maintenance planning challenges
- Extensive underground mining industry experience is essential in the maintenance of underground equipment
- Strong knowledge of electrical standards, statutory laws and regulations governing maintenance in WA mines.
- Understanding of life cycle costing and zero based budget (ZBB) forecasting processes
- Excellent analytical, planning, scheduling, implementation skills, combined with the ability to utilize knowledge gained
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to project planning would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability in the establishment of QA/QC programs including condition monitoring
- Ability to work within a team environment
To be successful in this role you will also need to share AngloGold Ashanti’s values and its commitment to safety and the environment. Recruitment Agency referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
Click Apply for Underground Electrical Processing Plant Maintenance Planner