Underground Diesel Mechanic
This position is residential and therefore FIFO options will not be considered. The roster is 5-2 (Monday to Friday) with the possibility of additional hours available. The position is full time and the successful candidate will work predominantly in Mt Isa workshop with a requirement to travel and work on customer sites both locally and remote. This position will have a large exposure to underground hard rock mining equipment as well as construction and earth moving equipment.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must have current underground drill experience
- Sandvik Drill Experience preferred (Solo, Jumbo or Axera 5 & Cable Bolters) as well as Atlas Copco (Simba L6C and Boomer M2C)
- Cat, Sandvik & Atlas Copco LHD Equipment (R1700/R2900, ST18, LH517/621Loaders & MT6020, TH550/551/663, AD45/55/60 Trucks)
- Ancillary Equipment (Charge up trucks and Agitators & IT’s – Normet & CAT/Volvo)
- Extensive experience in hydraulic and electrical fault finding
- Must have underground experience (essential)
- Excellent problem-solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Must have a current open QLD drivers and fork lift license
- Applicants with current GI inductions and Glencore Mt Isa site access will be highly regarded
- Attention to detail and good communicator
- Moderate computer skills
To apply please register using the below link https://pjl.foundu.com.au/register/candidate
This is a terrific opportunity for someone who wants more than just a job and to be part of a growing team of incredibly talented people who value success. APPLY TODAY!!!
Apply Now!Click Apply for Underground Diesel Mechanic – Mt Isa & Western QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.