You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Development Operators to commence work immediately in the Bowen Basin QLD
Experienced Underground Development Operators to commence work immediately in the Bowen Basin QLD. The client is a big mining company who is seeking skilled and safety minded individuals to complete Development and Shot Firing Support duties on a 7/7 roster.
What do these positions have to offer?
- Immediate ctart
- $64.00 Per Hour + Super
- 7/7 Roster – Accommodation Provided
- Initial 3 month contract with the possibility of extension for the right people
The successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated experience as an Underground Development Operator
- Verified Underground Coal competencies
- Current QLD Underground Coal Board Medical
- Current Underground Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- Current Driver’s License
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate)
One Key Resources works with close to 100 different mine sites across Australia – Open Cut & Underground; Gold, Coal, Metals & Minerals. With over 250 open vacancies including Casual and Fixed Term opportunities across Production, Development, Outbye, Trades and Maintenance, Support, Statutory and Surface roles – QLD & NSW.
Note: This job for [add name of job title here] will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Keywords to add to your resume would be: underground standard 11, underground development operator, Bowen Basin, underground coal competencies.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list