You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Conveyor Electricians
Due to continued growth they require experienced Underground Electricians for conveyor work at an Underground Mine in the Bowen Basin.
The successful candidate will need to have a proactive attitude towards safety, willing to work as part of a team..
Following skills and experience:
- 2 years’ experience working in underground coal mining
- 12 months Conveyor Install and/or Maintenance experience
- Electrical Licence
- Install & Maintain Electrical Equipment for Hazardous Areas (EEHA)
- LVR / CPR
- Drivers Licence
- Standard 11 Induction Training Underground Statement of Attainment (Underground)
- Queensland Coal Board Medical Section 4 (Underground)
- Ongoing employment opportunities
- Accommodation and Meals provided whilst on roster
- Competitive Market Rates
If you have the required skills along with a great work ethic they would like to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Organisation that supports a diverse workforce.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Underground Conveyor Electricians, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Underground Conveyor Electricians – QLD Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list