Goetechnical Engineer Coal Mining job Queensland
Underground Coal Mining job Goetechnical Engineer QLD
Bounty Mining has finalized the acquisition of Cook Colliery and is in the process of bringing the mine back into production utilizing a bord and pillar style mining operation. Coal production is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2018 and Bounty aims to progressively increase production to a total 1.8 million tonnes of product over 12 months. Bounty are also proposing to develop the Minyango coking coal deposit which is adjacent to Cook Colliery for which a Mining lease has been granted. Bounty will also continue development of the Wongai project in North Qld which has a longer-term horizon.
The initial Cook Colliery operation will be staffed by a small Owner’s team managing contractors. This team will grow as production increases over the next 12 months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated and dynamic team in a growing company that is set to become a major player in underground coal in Qld.
The position will be located at Cook colliery, 30km south of Blackwater on a Monday to Friday basis with the opportunity for development and career progression.
To be successful in the role you will require a background in an underground coal mining environment. Exposure to first workings bord and pillar with secondary extraction mining methods would also be an advantage.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all geotechnical aspects of the operation at Cook Colliery
- Providing geotechnical support to the operation by providing coaching, mentoring and liaising with all levels of the operations to ensure that full statutory compliance is maintained in line with the relevant regulation and legislation
- Lead involvement in analysis, modelling, underground mapping, design, assessment and modelling across the operation.
- Providing strata support initiatives and productivity improvements through knowledge and experience.
They would be pleased to receive your application should you possess:
- Hold a Tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineer or relevant discipline
- A sound understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, regulations and JRA’s.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Proactive approach to workplace safety and commitment to zero harm.
- Current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Surface & Underground Induction
- Current RPEQ qualifications
- Previous experience working with multiple seam coal mining operations
- Sound understanding of the practical implication and importance of strata support on coal mining performance and safety
- A strong work ethic and a high degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Good track record of strata support initiatives and productivity improvements
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and contractors
NOTE: When you apply for this job Mining job Goetechnical Engineer, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply Goetechnical Engineer Mining Job
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for Underground Coal Mining job Goetechnical Engineer QLD