If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitter – Underground Coal Mine Jobs
- Attractive remuneration – $65 – 75 p/h + super permanent
- Ute and fuel card offered to permanent fitters
- 7:7 roster – permanent day shift
Utilize your underground coal heavy diesel fitting skills with a well-established and well-connected mining company. With over 100 years experience, you’ll be working for a company that can offer:
- An excellent safety reputation
- Outstanding site/company culture
- Permanent, long-term work with career progression
- 7:7 roster – perm day shift
- Ute and fuel card for perm fitters
- $65-75 p/h + super (permanent)
- 70% workshop & 30% field-based
- Excellent standard of food and accom
- Multiple mines to choose from – Kestrel, Grosvenor, Broadmeadows, Moranbah North, Grass Tree, etc.
- Should have experience on Sandvic Eimco UG loaders, ED10, ED7, and man transporters – SMV
- Preferably DES trained but not essential
- Coal Board Medical & Standard 11 Induction Training required
- Previous experience as an underground coal heavy diesel fitter
- Ute & fuel card for perm fitters
- Long-term permanent work
- Career progression opportunities
- Paid weekly
- Excellent site/company culture
- Large, clean workshops
- Great availability of spare parts
- Lockable spaces for tools on site
Relocating to the Bowen Basin
Have you considered relocating to the Bowen Basin? Perhaps Mackay? With decreased crime rates and a growing population currently at over 125000, there’s no better time to move! Mackay has the single largest coal reserve in Australia, with over 34 operation coal mines extracting more than 100 million tonnes annually, the career opportunities are heavily increasing.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
When applying please be sure to include with your cv your Drivers license and all relevant certificates and High Risk tickets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Coal Mining Heavy Diesel Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list