Underground Mining Job Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons
Whitehaven Coal is a leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal. Operating in NSW’s Gunnedah Basin, their vision is to be Australia’s leading independent coal company.
Whitehaven Coal operates four open cut mines (Maules Creek, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga and Rocglen), one underground mine (Narrabri) and a Coal Handling and Preparation Plant, supported by offices in Gunnedah, Newcastle, Sydney and Tokyo. The company has been growing its workforce and currently has around 800 employees.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the number of women and Aboriginal people in workforce and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender and culture.
Underground Coal Mining Electrical Mechanical Tradespersons NSW
- A leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal
- A company that has locally-based employees wherever possible
- A proud member of and leading employer in the north west NSW region
- A provider of stable and secure employment opportunities for local Aboriginal people.
- A company that achieves Zero Harm to people, environment and community.
- A safe and healthy smoke free workplace
Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons, Narrabri NSW
Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Trades positions are now available at Narrabri Coal Operations mine site in NSW. Outstanding opportunities, for highly motivated tradespersons without coal mining experience to work for a leading Australian Coal Mining company.
The successful candidates will be employed by the major mining contractor on site, and as these are entry level mining positions previous underground mining experience is not required. Successful candidates will be trained to equivalent certification level 2 in underground coal mining, with trade’s qualifications cross over managed as part of the program.
Key duties include:
- Inspection of the work area and plant for hazards, damage and defects
- Maintaining the designated mine Standards
- Completing of all necessary statutory equipment inspections in your panel
- Diagnosis and rectification of faults and breakdowns as directed
- Maintenance duties as required
- Assisting the panel crew members including the operation of mine equipment where necessary
- Other duties within the scope of training, skill and competence as required by the Deputy, the Development or Longwall Engineer and Manager Mechanical Engineering.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Electrical trade / licence qualification mandatory for Trainee Electrician
- Trade Qualification mandatory for mechanic /Fitter trainee positions
- Must demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment
- Physically fit energetic and willing to learn
- Experience working with and operating heavy equipment would be an advantage
- Ability to work rotating shifts – day, night and afternoon
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
- Complete the questions in the application, then click next
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.