Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Job Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons
Whitehaven Coal is a leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal. Operating in NSW’s Gunnedah Basin, their vision is to be Australia’s leading independent coal company.
Whitehaven Coal operates four open cut mines (Maules Creek, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga and Rocglen), one underground mine (Narrabri) and a Coal Handling and Preparation Plant, supported by offices in Gunnedah, Newcastle, Sydney and Tokyo. The company has been growing its workforce and currently has around 800 employees.
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the number of women and Aboriginal people in workforce and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender and culture.
Underground Coal Mining Electrical Mechanical Tradespersons NSW
- A leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal
- A company that has locally-based employees wherever possible
- A proud member of and leading employer in the north west NSW region
- A provider of stable and secure employment opportunities for local Aboriginal people.
- A company that achieves Zero Harm to people, environment and community.
- A safe and healthy smoke free workplace
Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons, Narrabri NSW
Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Trades positions are now available at Narrabri Coal Operations mine site in NSW. Outstanding opportunities, for highly motivated tradespersons without coal mining experience to work for a leading Australian Coal Mining company.
The successful candidates will be employed by the major mining contractor on site, and as these are entry level mining positions previous underground mining experience is not required. Successful candidates will be trained to equivalent certification level 2 in underground coal mining, with trade’s qualifications cross over managed as part of the program.
Key duties include:
- Inspection of the work area and plant for hazards, damage and defects
- Maintaining the designated mine Standards
- Completing of all necessary statutory equipment inspections in your panel
- Diagnosis and rectification of faults and breakdowns as directed
- Maintenance duties as required
- Assisting the panel crew members including the operation of mine equipment where necessary
- Other duties within the scope of training, skill and competence as required by the Deputy, the Development or Longwall Engineer and Manager Mechanical Engineering.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Electrical trade / licence qualification mandatory for Trainee Electrician
- Trade Qualification mandatory for mechanic /Fitter trainee positions
- Must demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment
- Physically fit energetic and willing to learn
- Experience working with and operating heavy equipment would be an advantage
- Ability to work rotating shifts – day, night and afternoon
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
- Complete the questions in the application, then click next
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Electrical/Mechanical Tradespersons