See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Coal Mining Deputies – Blackwater QLD
- Even time 7:7 roster
- UG Coal experience essential
- Opportunity to join a new operation
Bounty Mining has acquired Cook Colliery and plans to bring the mine back into production utilizing a bord and pillar style mining operation. Coal production is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2018 and Bounty aims to progressively increase production to a total 1.8 million tonnes of product over 12 months.
Bounty are also proposing to develop the Minyango coking coal deposit which is adjacent to Cook Colliery for which a Mining lease has been granted. Bounty will also continue development of the Wongai project in North Qld which has a longer-term horizon.
Reporting directly to the Under manager the Deputies role is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations on site through the supervision of mine workers and the completion of all statutory inspections.
The positions will be located at Cook colliery, 30km south of Blackwater on a 7on7off roster basis with the opportunity for development and career progression. For FIFO & DIDO candidates, camp style accommodation (single quarters) and meals provided in Blackwater.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, develop and mentor your team to ensure operational excellence is achieved
- Provide statutory coverage across the mining operation
- Monitor shift compliance and perform inspections in accordance with legislation
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure site targets are met in line with the overall company plan.
They would be pleased to receive your application should you possess:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the coal mining industry, with exposure to a bord and pillar style mining operations an advantage
- Previous experience performing the role of deputy/ERZ Controller
- A sound understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act, regulations and JRA’s.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills along with experience in conflict resolution and negotiations
- Proactive approach to workplace safety and commitment to zero harm.
- Experience with gas drainage & secondary support operations
- Exposure to mine transport and supply and ventilation systems
- Participation in the firing of a shot in an underground coal mine.
- Standard 11 Induction Training Surface and Underground
- QLD 3rd Class Deputies Ticket
- S1, 2, 3 Supervisor Qualifications
- Minimum C Class Driver License
- First Aid Certificate
These are contract roles with candidates requiring their own ABN to secure an attractive all inclusive hourly pay rate. Camp accommodation and meals provided at no cost for successful candidate.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link below quoting reference number 121514.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Coal Mining 7/7 Roster Deputies Blackwater QLD