If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction before applying for the job. Standard 11 inductions can be completed in 2 days in a face-to-face setting and Standard 11 refreshers can be done online.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Electricians, Fitters & Operators, Surface Plumber Required
Underground Coal Mine Electricians Fitters Operators Surface Bowen Basin
EMS requires Underground Electricians, Fitters, Supervisors, Operators etc – for Long Term Conveyor Contract – Bowen Basin. They also have some deputies roles available.
- 7/7 Family Friendly Rosters
- Long term work – 5 Year Contract
- High rates of pay
- Camp & Meals provided.
- Direct Hire & Sub Contract employment available
Other Underground opportunities also available – read on further for this information: They also have vacancies for a Grosvenor site-inducted TQ Plumber and Carpenter/Concretion
- 7/7 Family Friendly Rosters
- Camp & Meals provided
- Plumber MUST already be inducted at Grosvenor Mine
- Carpenter/Concretor must hold current S11 & CBM S4 and have mine site experience.
- Other tickets such as BMA Induction, WAH, Conf Space, BMA Light Vehicle etc highly regarded.
- Surface crew has been onsite for 3+ years with contract renewed for another 3+ so long term opportunities exist for the right person.
- Competitive rates.
- Full time long term roles for the right people
- Super on all hours
- Leave entitlements paid at site rates
Underground Electricians, Fitters, Supervisors, Operators etc – required for vacancies for Long Term Conveyor Contract – Bowen Basin.
Underground Personnel with Conveyor installation & Maintenance Experience to fill new vacancies new 5 year contract
- also possible Mechanical or Project Coordinators roles for relevantly experienced persons
Due to industry requirements and high safety-focus for the underground roles
You must have:
- Previous Underground Experience in a Coal Mine
- Queensland Standard 11 Induction Training – UG
- Queensland Coal Board Medical – UG – Section 4
- Current Drugs Screen
- Driver’s License
- Trade Licenses (for Trade Positions)
- Up to date Resume highlighting Underground experience
- Demonstrated safety focus and outlook with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- DIDO – Camp meals & accom provided
- Competitive rates and opportunities for appropriately skilled, dedicated & experienced persons
- Long term stable employment – full time roles including annual leave
- Opportunities for advancement
- Sub Contract Agreements available
Essential Mining Services
EMS – is a diverse and progressive business with over a decade in the coal & hard-rock mining industry. Their track record demonstrates dedication to providing exemplary service & solutions to Customers and to providing long term stable employment for growing team.
These roles are the result of Customers increased confidence in capabilities and awarding increased opportunities to provide relevantly skilled personnel via an expanded team.
EMS prides itself on its reputation for providing safe, quality & innovative solutions to the mining industry. There principle team has a broad knowledge & skill base with many years significant industry experience and who value the contributions of on-site team at the coal face.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Coal Mine Electricians Fitters Operators Surface Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list