Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
South32 Graduate Mining Engineer – Queensland
You’ve got your degree. You’ve done the hard work. Now you deserve a career that is both challenging and rewarding. It is time to begin your future.
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organization, where their workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
Cannington is one of the world’s largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine, processing facility, and rail load out facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
They are seeking a dynamic individual with a focus on safety, who is open to challenging themselves and their capabilities. You will spend time working underground with the mining crews and within the Operations Engineering team, developing skills in ventilation, drill and blast and back fill.
You must be equally comfortable and capable to work well within a team or autonomously as required. Your objective is to understand the mining process and assist in safely and successfully executing the mine plan.
Looking to hear from graduates who meet the following criteria;
- In order to be successful, you will have or be due to have a degree in Mining Engineering
- You will have completed your degree in 2017 or are due to complete your degree in 2018
- Hold AUS citizenship or PR at the time of applying
- Reside in QLD or willing to relocate to the region
- Are interested in working FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane on a 4/3 or 8/6 roster
About the Graduate Program
Thyey value difference, and openly listen to each other and those outside their company, knowing that together they are better. That’s why, if you dare to be different, to care openly and trust courageously they want you to join as a Graduate in 2019.
During your graduate experience, you will be challenged and offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day to day work, supported by comprehensive frameworks
- Gain exposure to world-class operations, based on your unique career pathway & development plans
- Lead an improvement initiative with genuine business impacts
- Develop technically in a 2-3-year tailored program
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture
- Receive multiple layers of dedicated support, from graduate buddies to senior leaders
- Extend your network with global colleagues
- As part of the Graduate Program you will benefit from a rewarding career path in a company that embraces diversity, innovation and collaboration.
What does South32 offer?
- Education and Career Development
- Competitive Salaries
They are always seeking people who share their values to join there team. People are fundamental to success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Cannington Coal Mine Operators Queensland