Boilermaker Operators Cannington Mine Jobs
Underground Boilermaker Cannington Mining Operator QLD
They are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
There purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
There people are central to success and demonstrate determination to be a best-in-class operator. They aspire to be an inclusive organization, where their workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where they operate.
Cannington is one of the world’s largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Capabilities and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Supervisor Mining Mechanical, the purpose of this role is to safely maintain equipment to the defined standards and procedures to ensure plant availability targets are achieved and to execute the work arising from breakdowns safety to a high standard. In addition, you will:
- Ensure that Mechanical installations and equipment are maintained in accordance with the appropriate Australian standards
- Assist with the management of spare parts/refurbishment of rotable equipment to improve service life, reliability, reduce costs etc
- Assist in the control of maintenance inventory
- Assist the Mechanical Group to capture good, reliable work order data in order to generate accurate reliability figures
- Ensure maintenance strategies and activities are captured in SAP for all Mechanical maintenance activities
- Assist in the development of Procedures, maintenance plans and Work Instructions
- Trade Qualified Boilermaker
- Welding Training/ and or Welding Certification
- Experience with SAP or similar computerized maintenance management system
- Safe working and able to work as part of a multi discipline maintenance team
- Ability to work underground
What does South32 offer?
- FIFO from Townsville or Brisbane on a 7 days on 7 days off roster (working both days and nights)
- 14 Weeks paid parental leave and a return to work lump payment
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
They are always seeking people who share values to join the team. The people are fundamental to our success. They are focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
They look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Underground Boilermaker Cannington Mining Operator QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.