See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
UGL Fitter Jobs Mackay QLD
Fitters – UGL Maintenance BMA Outage Crew
UGL are seeking applications from Fitters to join their team for 3 to 5 days a week of work on various coal sites within the QLD Bowen Basin region. DIDO roles with a fortnightly forecast of work.
To be considered for *UGL Fitter Jobs Mackay QLD you will possess the following:
- Trade qualification
- Standard 11 Induction Training SOA and/or BMA Core SOA
- Working at heights
- Confined space
- HRWL – desirable
- Planning and preparation required to perform the requested works.
- Attend to and priorities emergent works whether immediate or urgent.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted for short-listed candidates.
What they offer:
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL:
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. They are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions.
Why get your Supervisor qualifications?
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative.
As a S1, S2 & S3 qualified Supervisor, you’re viewed as a trusted manager/team leader. Someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job and can manage people in a natural and nonthreatening way.
Supervisor roles also get you ready for much bigger pay cheques!
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.