Truck Driver Operator – Underground Mining Production
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking an Operator: Truck to join their Granny Smith Underground Mining team. This is offered on 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground Production, you will be responsible for the operation of underground haul trucks as directed in a safe, effective and efficient manner to meet operational requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are adhered to at all times
- To attend all designated rostered days and arrive fit for work and punctually for shift start times to ensure timely commencement of work activities
- Demonstration of organisation and preparedness to undertake assigned tasks
- To work well with other team members and demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and work in other roles.
- Demonstration of working with technical support staff and contractors. Setting up cross-shift properly and provide training to others when required
- Demonstration of excellent housekeeping standards. Ensure awareness of location within the mine and radio calls are maintained to ensure a continual smooth truck cycle is maintained.
- Operate machines to achieve the required loads per shift to maintain production levels
- Ensure all pre starts are completed and report all activities accurately to Pitram including loading location and nature of material.
Key factors to your success include;
- Previous experience in operating haul trucks in an underground environment
- Evidence of safe underground mining practices
- Have sound understanding of machinery and care of mobile mechanical equipment.
- Valid WA HR Class vehicle license
- Current Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights card
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Apply First Aid Certification
Interested parties should submit their Curriculum Vitae to: www.goldfields.com.au
Gold Fields Australia is an equal opportunity employer. They are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from Female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Truck Driver Operator Underground Production Gold Fields WA
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.