Trainer & Assessor – Fixed Term Contract
- Fixed Term Contract
- Rewarding Career Options
- 7/7 even time roster
- Transport provided
The mining sector is booming with new projects around each corner. This is an exciting opportunity for a results driven and exceptionally organised individual to align their career with one of Australiaís leading mining contractors as a†Trainer / Assessor.†This role will see you providing operators with the necessary resources to ensure a high level of competency across the board through the implementation of training plans and assessment criteria.
The project is located in the Central Bowen Basin (Coal) and will provide successful applicants with an even-time roster and camp accommodation. Transport will be provided from Rockhampton and Mackay.
- Provide appropriate training to site personnel and review competency levels in regard to site safety standards and required machine operating levels.
- Ensure consistency with training techniques, methods and resources (both theoretical and practical).
- Provide training which will permit the trainee to reach a level that is compatible with a production mining environment.
- Ensure that the training database is managed in accordance with company policy.
- Liaise with Site Personnel and the Training Department to ensure all activities are effective and beneficial.
To be successful you will require the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years working in a similar Trainer/Assessor role (mining)
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Surface Generic Induction Ė Coal
- Coal Board Medical Ė Section 4
- Relevant Black Coal Competencies
Note: The successful candidate will be required to have previous open-cut mining experience and be highly competent with Rear Dump Truck operations.
If you are looking for a genuine career opportunity, please submit your application via the SEEK “APPLY” button.
Click Apply for Trainer & Assessor Position
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.