Trainee Underground Mining Operators – Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is a leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal. Operating in NSW’s Gunnedah Basin, there vision is to be Australia’s leading independent coal company.
Whitehaven Coal operates five open cut mines (Maules Creek, Werris Creek, Tarrawonga, Sunnyside and Rocglen), one underground mine (Narrabri) and a Coal Handling and Preparation Plant, supported by offices in Gunnedah, Newcastle, Sydney and Tokyo.
Whitehaven has been growing its workforce and currently has over 950 employees.
Their commitment is;
- A leading producer of some of the world’s highest quality coal from Australia
- A company that employs locally-based employees wherever possible
- A proud member of the communities of, and leading employer within, north west NSW region
- A provider of stable and secure employment opportunities for local Aboriginal people
- A company that provides a safe place to work for our people, and minimizes impact to the environment
- A healthy smoke free workplace
Trainee Underground Mining Operators (Narrabri, NSW)
Outstanding opportunities for highly motivated people to become Trainee Underground Mine Operators are now available at Narrabri Coal Operations mine site in NSW.
The successful candidates will be employed by the major mining contractor on site. As these are entry level mining positions, previous underground mining experience is not required.
Successful candidates will be trained to equivalent certification level 2 in underground coal mining, with trades qualifications cross over managed as part of the program.
Trainee Mine Operator duties include:
- Operating mining equipment – gaining competency;
- Inspecting the work area and plant for hazards, adequate ventilation, damage and defects;
- Maintaining the designated mine Standards;
- Rectifying and/or reporting any events, issues or circumstances anywhere in or around the mine that is a hazard or not in appropriate condition; and
- Performing other duties within the scope of training, skill and competence as required by the Deputy, Under manager and Mine Manager.
Qualifications, knowledge skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety;
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment and follow instructions;
- Physically fit, energetic and willing to learn;
- Experience working with, and operating, heavy equipment would be an advantage; and
- Ability to work rotating shifts – day, night and afternoon.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently reside in the Narrabri or Gunnedah region.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Trainee Underground Mining Operators – Gunnedah Basin