See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Trainee Mining Operator Jobs NSW
Whitehaven are searching to hire Trainee Mining Operators for work in NSW. If you’re searching for an entry-level job into the mining business that requires no mining experience, this is your chance! Apply for the job using the link below ASAP!
The successful candidates will be employed by the major mining contractor on site. As these are entry level mining positions, previous underground mining experience is not required. Successful candidates will be trained to equivalent certification level 2 in underground coal mining, with trades qualifications cross over managed as part of the program.
Trainee mine operator job responsibilites include:
- Operating mining equipment – gaining competency;
- Inspecting the work area and plant for hazards, adequate ventilation, damage and defects;
- Maintaining the designated mine Standards;
- Rectifying and/or reporting any events, issues or circumstances anywhere in or around the mine that is a hazard or not in appropriate condition; and
- Performing other duties within the scope of training, skill and competence as required by the Deputy, Undermanager and Mine Manager.
Skills and attributes need for this entry-level mining job:
- Demonstrated personal commitment to safety;
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment and follow instructions;
- Physically fit, energetic and willing to learn;
- Experience working with, and operating, heavy equipment would be an advantage; and
- Ability to work rotating shifts – day, night and afternoon.
About the Company hiring mining trainees:
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. They help to power highly-developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for their product.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to their strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce which values teamwork, respect and recognition. They are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.