See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
ALL TRADES- Shutdown Work
CHAMP Resources are searching for Trades and T/As for various site based work for our client leading the way in site repairs and maintenance. We have regular shutdowns each month across various sites, working within the CHPP and Fixed Plant Areas.
Work is various from 2 7 day shutdown across various sites, in the Bowen Basin. Accommodation and a transport can be provided.
To Apply you must have the below:
- Transport and a valid Drivers License
- Trade Qualifications or experience working as a skilled Trades Assistant
- Standard 11 Induction Training & Coal Board Medical
- Various Competencies such as Rigging, Confined Space and Working at Heights
- Available for work starting this month!
Ideally you will have some or all of the below site inductions:
- BMA – Saraji, Peak Downs, Blackwater
- Glencore – Rolleston and Collinsville
- Anglo – Foxleigh and Moranbah North
- Hail Creek
- Curragh Mine
How to Apply
Click here below! or get read more about All Trades-Shutdown Work on SEEK
New and exciting opportunities have opened for Trade Assistants to join various shut down teams. These jobs give successful applicants the opportunity to get a lot of experience with many different mining employers in a wide range of coal mines.
To be successful in the interview stage and be offered one of these jobs you must have a current CBM, Standard 11 Induction Training, Working at Heights and Confined Spaces certificates.
Coal mining experience is also essential.
You will need to already hold current site inductions into various mines around the Bowen Basin.
If you believe your skills and experience match the above criteria, apply for this job below.
View the job on Hays website: Trades Assistant Shut Downs Bowen Basin[Standard 11 Induction Training] [CBM] [WAH] [CS]
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list