If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Trade Qualified Mechanic – Heavy Vehicle
PIMS Group is a major provider of mining services to the coal industry. Providing operational, trades and statutory personnel to various mine sites throughout the Bowen Basin.
Due to recent growth within the organization, PIMS are currently seeking applications from experienced trade qualified – Heavy Vehicle potential to move onto DES mechanical work. The role is 5-days/week and is based in a modern workshop in Moranbah, Queensland, however a suitable roster can be negotiated for the successful applicant.
The successful candidate must have proven experience, a positive and enthusiastic attitude, be able to work alone, plan workload and prioritize tasks to suit customers and business requirements.
Responsibilities & desired skills
- Trade Qualified Mechanic – Competent and Approved
- Heavy Diesel Equipment Experience, including: Underground Coal diesel mobile equipment. Heavy trucks / road transport. Civil Earthmoving equipment.
- Ability to understand and repair a wide range of vehicles
- The ability to work both in a small team environment and independently, with high attention to detail
- A strong commitment to workplace safety
- Flexible work ethic
- Standard 11 Induction Training and Coal Board Medical desired but not essential
- Australian Recognized Trade Certificate
- Certificate of completion of Apprenticeship
- Current Drivers License – HR advantageous
What PIMs Group can offer you:
- A rewarding role in a fast growing mining services company
- Competitive Salary and Salary packaging options with above award wage
- Flexible work options can be structured to suit the prospective candidate
If you feel you have the required skills along with a positive flexible attitude they would like to hear from you today. Please ensure to apply at the earliest opportunity, as these roles will commence shortlisting promptly.
Apply via Seek or email resumes to email@example.com.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Trade Qualified Heavy Diesel Vehicle Mechanic Mining Bowen Basin
NOTE: This is a sample of the types of jobs you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications. Each job requires different levels of education, experience and qualifications. Wherever possible, link to the courses we offer will be provided as links. We encourage you to continue to do your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list