Trade Qualified Boilermakers FIFO
Shutdown Division encompasses a versatile range of capabilities including shutdown repairs, fixed plant maintenance and upgrade, fabrication and erection, and structural remediation. As a major shutdown service provider to the Iron Ore Mining Industry, they also complete a high volume of FIFO shutdown and maintenance work across a variety of mining sites in the Pilbara.
They are seeking applicants who have previous experience working in a similar role and an uncompromising commitment to health and safety. Apply now to secure your place on our next shutdown!
What do you need?
Essential: You must have the following to be considered for work with Linkforce Engineering
- Australian recognized Trade Certificate
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
- The ability to pass a pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screen – ongoing
- Confined Space RII's [...Learn about RII's]OHS202D
- Gas Test Atmospheres MSAPMOHS217A/MSMWHS217
- Working at Heights RII's [...Learn about RII's]OHS204A
- National Police Clearance
- BHP, Rio Tinto and/or FMG Inductions
Why work for Linkforce?
- Consistent supply of ongoing FIFO Pilbara based shutdown and maintenance work
- Gain industry based training and qualifications
- Competitive hourly rate
- Fast paced and diverse work
What will you do?
- Maintain all areas of a fixed plant – including screens, crushers, conveyors, chutes, pulleys and drives
- Shutdown maintenance general duties
- Work in various size crews to achieve quality outcomes
- Assist in all other duties as required while onsite
To register your interest in this position click on the “Apply Now” button
Click Apply for Trade Qualified Boilermakers – FIFO Mining sites Pilbara
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.