This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mackay Trade Assistant Jobs
- Ongoing Position | Blue Chip Mining Company
- 6 month Retention Bonus
- 8/6 Roster (Dayshift only) or 7/7 Roster – you decide
CoreStaff is searching to recruit four Trades Assistants to join their client, a global mining company in the Bowen Basin.
About the role:
These are back to back roles on a 8 on 6 off dayshift roster and will include duties like:
- General workshop housekeeping duties,
- Restocking bays for tags, tools, ladders etc,
- Cleaning used components,
- Preparing components for transport,
- Assisting trades with lifting/spotting duties,
- Forklift operating for trades,
- Store ordering & restocking,
- Tool cleaning/tracking/repair controlling
The role will include being autonomous at times, and assisting with things such as parts / job preparation, driving into mining areas of the pit to retrieve assets to clean, and bring back to a workshop environment for maintenance activities.
It is an expectation that you’ll also be willing to partake in training and skills advancement programmes, which will be provided by the company as required to support your core activities.
To be successful you need to be a self-starter, motivated team player, keen to improve your current career options.
To be considered for this role you must have the following licences/documents and attributes:
- Proven TA experience will be ideal
- HR Licence;
- Forklift Ticket;
- Crane ticket (Vehicle Hiab and Overhead);
- Riggers/ Dogger/ Advanced Rigger Ticket
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willingness to obtain)
- Willingness to work in a remote location, away from home for a week at a time
About the Company:
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. They are an energetic, flexible and entirely customer focused organisation that delivers professional recruitment services throughout Australia.
Founded in 2008, Corestaff has grown rapidly from one branch in Darwin to having branches in every mainland capital city as well as a number of regional locations.
CoreStaff’s rapid success has been due to establishing:
- A team of highly experienced and motivated recruitment specialists
- Culture of working hard and having fun
- Sustainable partnerships
- Effective networks
- Accredited Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Secure and robust information technology platform.
With offices located in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria as well as the Northern Territory, CoreStaff is well positioned to offer their Clients local industry knowledge along with timely, efficient and cost effective recruitment solutions.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list