Mackay Trade Assistant Jobs
- Ongoing Position | Blue Chip Mining Company
- 6 month Retention Bonus
- 8/6 Roster (Dayshift only) or 7/7 Roster – you decide
CoreStaff is searching to recruit four Trades Assistants to join their client, a global mining company in the Bowen Basin.
About the role:
These are back to back roles on a 8 on 6 off dayshift roster and will include duties like:
- General workshop housekeeping duties,
- Restocking bays for tags, tools, ladders etc,
- Cleaning used components,
- Preparing components for transport,
- Assisting trades with lifting/spotting duties,
- Forklift operating for trades,
- Store ordering & restocking,
- Tool cleaning/tracking/repair controlling
The role will include being autonomous at times, and assisting with things such as parts / job preparation, driving into mining areas of the pit to retrieve assets to clean, and bring back to a workshop environment for maintenance activities.
It is an expectation that you’ll also be willing to partake in training and skills advancement programmes, which will be provided by the company as required to support your core activities.
To be successful you need to be a self-starter, motivated team player, keen to improve your current career options.
To be considered for this role you must have the following licences/documents and attributes:
- Proven TA experience will be ideal
- HR Licence;
- Forklift Ticket;
- Crane ticket (Vehicle Hiab and Overhead);
- Riggers/ Dogger/ Advanced Rigger Ticket
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willingness to obtain)
- Willingness to work in a remote location, away from home for a week at a time
About the Company:
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. They are an energetic, flexible and entirely customer focused organisation that delivers professional recruitment services throughout Australia.
Founded in 2008, Corestaff has grown rapidly from one branch in Darwin to having branches in every mainland capital city as well as a number of regional locations.
CoreStaff’s rapid success has been due to establishing:
- A team of highly experienced and motivated recruitment specialists
- Culture of working hard and having fun
- Sustainable partnerships
- Effective networks
- Accredited Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems
- Secure and robust information technology platform.
With offices located in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria as well as the Northern Territory, CoreStaff is well positioned to offer their Clients local industry knowledge along with timely, efficient and cost effective recruitment solutions.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.