OTR Earthmover Tyre Fitters: Hunter Valley
The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group has been servicing mine sites since 1972 where quickly established a reputation for reliability, innovation and outstanding service. Their objective remains simple: to deliver services and products of measurable value to the customers. Kal Tire now operates in 15 countries and continues to grow every day. With their team developing, they are seeking individuals who are keen to progress in their career, passionate about delivering quality service.
Kal Tire is pleased to provide an on-the-job training opportunity for an OTR Tyre Technicians. The OTR Tyre Technician supports the needs of our customers and will be responsible for servicing, repairing, and maintaining mobile equipment tyres for both surface and underground requirements.
As a Tyre Technician in the Mining Tire group you will be responsible for all aspects of tyre related service, repair for mining tyres and adhering to Kal Tire’s work and safety standards. A key part of this role is setting the standard for service excellence within the industry and demonstrating the Kal Tire guiding principles we call AIMS.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- The OTR tyre technician position is a physically demanding position. The successful candidate is required to be physically capable of performing the duties of this position.
- Working safely is very important to Kal Tire. Looking for team members that are willing to strictly follow safety procedures and to actively participate in their safety program.
- In order to ensure they provide exceptional customer service consistent attendance is important. The absence of any individual impacts the team and can affect the level of service we are committed to providing.
The successful candidate will be mature, responsible, reliable and comfortable reading operating procedures and completing work orders on a daily basis.
Permanent DIDO positions available for suitably qualified and experienced fitters with a strong commitment to work health and safety.
- 2 years OTR tyre technician experience
- Current Driver’s License
- High Risk Work License – LF (Forklift)
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]SAM210D – Remove & Fit Wheel Assemblies
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]SAM211D – Remove, Repair & Refit Tyres & Tubes
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]HAN201D – Operate a Forklift – Tyre Handler
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]RIS301D – Apply Risk Management Processes
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]WHS301D – Conduct Health & Safety Investigations
- RII's [...Learn about RII's]COM301D – Communicate Information
- Pre-employment testing – Medical assessment and drug/alcohol testing.
If you’re interested in this role and you believe your skills,experience and competencies match the above criteria, please click “Apply button“
Click Apply for OTR Earthmover Tyre Fitters Position
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.