Application Specialist: Technology Newcastle
Reporting to the Technology and Solutions Manager, the Application Specialist is responsible for not only managing client expectations by providing technical advice at a subject matter expert level but also analyzing and assessing the current state of client’s operations and identifying opportunities for WesTrac Technology to deliver improvements.
They are looking for a candidate who can link IT architectural infrastructure (virtual machines, server and database infrastructure, networking, radio communications) with customers operations utilizing GNSS managed mobile equipment management technologies to provide the best solutions for there customers.
As the Successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Tertiary qualification within Information Technology/Computer Science or related field coupled with minimum 8 years’ post qualification experience in mining/construction or similar environment
- Proven comprehensive understanding of operational processes and technologies (e.g. Internet Protocol networks, radio communications and on-board machine technology systems) with the ability to undertake solutions integration, troubleshooting, process mapping and business analysis
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to apply critical thinking, analysis and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills including troubleshooting, process mapping and business analysis and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) with the ability to effectively liaise at a high level with customers and a diverse range of interdepartmental team members
- Advanced computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Technology Fleet and Health, Modular Mining Fleet, Cat Grade Control, Accugrade etc))
- Demonstrated understanding of safe work practices within an operational environment
Not essential, but will be highly regarded
- Experience in an open pit mining or construction environment with demonstrated ability to use technology products (e.g. Mining High Precision Global Positioning System, Construction Survey Systems, UTS)
- Experience in providing technical training to internal and external stakeholders
Due to the nature of this position the selected candidate will be required to travel to site regularly.
WesTrac Pty Ltd is an Equipment Management business and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships, operating in NSW, ACT and WA. There primary focus is there people. They know that success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now as they look to the future, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for business.
The WesTrac culture is about energy, enthusiasm, contribution and being able to make a difference in what they do at work and beyond. You will be able to maximize value whilst continuing the investment they have in most important asset.
WesTrac offers various employee benefits including company funded income protection, salary packaging options, corporate private health plan, and a Fitness Passport allowing access to over 200+ gyms and pools at discounted rates. Their Newcastle branch has an on-site cafeteria along with employee parking.
Make the move with an industry leader today!
To submit your application for this challenging yet exciting role, please apply via the button below.Click Apply for Technology Application Specialist Solutions Newcastle