Technical Shovels and Excavator Specialist
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role will be the Face Shovel & Excavator Technical Specialist and the successful applicant will be required to work hands on to train and develop the national workforce ensuring they can safely carry out maintenance repairs, diagnose faults and recover breakdowns.
Your duties may include,
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance activities are carried out to the highest standard and any defects found are dealt with immediately and appropriately so as not to cause premature failures or breakdowns.
- Ensure equipment failures and breakdowns are properly diagnosed and a root cause analysis is completed to avoid the same breakdown from reoccurring.
- Ensure all safety requirements required to complete a task are hereto and that all hazards’ have been identified and controlled prior to the commencement of any task.
- Training & Developing the national workforce.
- Oversee face shovel & Excavator shutdowns / PCR rebuilds.
- Liaise with Planning and Supervisors to co-ordinate maintenance compliance to our weekly schedules.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to a high standard (5S) and hand tools are looked after and maintained.
This is a FIFO role working on a 15/13 roster.
Located on Lihir Island in the New Ireland Province of Papua New Guinea, Lihir offers both residential and fly in fly out opportunities (role dependent). Their site offers a range of facilities including a medical clinic, the international primary school for residential families and the Lihir Sports and Social Club with its varied sporting activities and popular bar and bistro.
The successful candidate will be
- Trades qualified with a minimum of 8 years’ experience working in similar mining operations.
- Have a vast knowledge base and experience with Caterpillar 6050 face shovels, Caterpillar 6030 excavators and Hitachi excavators EX1200-6 and the EX2600-6.
- Be proficient in trouble shooting and diagnosing in the field autonomously.
- Knowledge of CAT ET and Cummins engines.
- Be self-starting, motivated and show initiative.
- The ability to work alongside, mentor and train the PNG national workforce will be critical.
- Have basic MS Office and computer skills.
- Experience in SAP will be advantageous.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
There people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, there people live there values and share vision of being the Miner of Choice™. They are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where talents and differences are valued. If you’re looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities.
Technical Shovels Excavator Specialist Mining Maintenance
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Technical Shovelsand Excavator Specialist Mining Maintenance