Task Leader – Heavy Mobile Equipment
Task Leader Major Works Heavy Mobile Equipment Cairns QLD
- Great work life balance – Weipa
- Enjoy working in a challenging and rewarding role
- Fantastic opportunity to further develop your leadership capabilities
Their long history is filled with firsts. They also developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and the people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world around. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, the people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for there differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Looking for 4 Task Leaders – Major Works (Heavy Mobile Equipment) to lead the planning and safe execution of HME major works at Andoom Operation in Weipa.
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced shutdown coordinator/supervisor or a capable future leader with strong fixed plant maintenance experience and looking to take the next step in their career. This role offers great work life balance although roster flexibility may be required at times. Reporting to the Andoom HME Superintendent, you will be:
- Run Major works rebuilds on the Andoom HME Fleet i.e. this generally comprises of one or more of the major components requiring change followed by commissioning and re-entering service on tight deadlines.
- Working closely with Major Work’s planners in identifying, planning and scheduling scopes of work and assisting in the organization of tooling, parts and paperwork.
- Fostering good working relationships with the Crew Leader and the parts co-coordinator is essential.
- Regularly engaging with the contractor workforce ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly understood and setting performance targets to encourage the necessary/desired behaviours.
- Raising and managing Major Work maintenance orders in SAP and ensure additional works are captured and all work is confirmed.
- Raising and Managing all warranty paperwork and issues with suppliers.
- Ensuring Major Works are completed safely and meeting schedule, respecting the critical path and deadlines.
- Identifying and driving cost savings and safety improvement initiatives.
- Conducting detailed Handovers with Peers and Crew Leader.
- Reporting on shutdown completion/outcomes to the business.
Task Leader Major Works Heavy Mobile Equipment Cairns QLD
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Trade qualification in Diesel Fitting
- Hold a C Class Driver’s License, but would be advantageous to have an MR or HR Class Driver’s License
- Previous experience in a HME major component change outs
- Strong maintenance leadership and contractor workforce management experience
- Exposure to work management process and SAP
- Strong team member with excellent communication skills
- The ability to make important decisions relatively quickly during high pressure situations
How to apply?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Task Leader Major Works Heavy Mobile Equipment Cairns QLD
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto Australia, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.