Surveyor Technical Services Peak Downs Mining
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. There life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. There people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As there next Surveyor reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Peak Downs Mine is located 6km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
As a Surveyor at Peak Downs you will be responsible for delivering total survey requirements of the project, including day-to-day set outs, monthly volume pick-ups, end of month reporting, statutory requirements and contractual obligations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide survey support and assist the technical services group in the planning process
- Establish and maintain a system of survey marks adequate to complete mining work
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in open cut mining
- A tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
- Experience with Vulcan Software
- A commitment to the practice of health and safety at all times
- 8 days on, 6 days off.
- FIFO or residential
Thiess is an international organization with a diverse workforce enriched by an inclusive work environment, accessible to all. They leverage the diversity of workforce to continually innovate and deliver world class projects for there clients. Thiess encourages applications from people who contribute to diverse workforce and align with cultural values.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Surveyor Technical Services Peak Downs Mining FIFO Bowen Basin