If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Surface Mechanical Coordinator – Moranbah North Mine
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, MORANBAH, QLD
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business and products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals to meet the growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With people at the heart of business, use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market products to customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – they are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. They work together with key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
They strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Surface Mechanical Coordinator – Moranbah North Mine, Mine of the year 2018
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager you will lead the implementation of the Diesel Workshop and Surface Infrastructure Mechanical maintenance strategies to optimise the lifetime contribution of the assets to the mine. Providing best practice engineering and maintenance services, you will be responsible for both programmed and on-demand independent engineering and maintenance audit services on the extent of compliance for Moranbah North Mine with AAMC systems, legislative requirements and operations within the AAMC engineering and maintenance frameworks.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Identify opportunities to improve Diesel Equipment, Workshop and Surface Infrastructure
- Liaise with the Mechanical Engineering Manager to ensure all statutory compliance is met with the diesel fleet
- Control costs for the diesel and surface infrastructure fleet
- Establish fit-for-purpose standards, systems and strategies to optimize the management of Diesel equipment
- Contribute to the process for the development and maintenance of the annual asset management plan. This involves collaboration with, and taking inputs from, process owners, developing options within plan parameters and adjusting the forecast physical plan/schedule on a continuous basis
- Monitor and synthesize equipment performance data to diagnose risks to plan and improvement opportunities
- Establish service level agreements to deliver the services necessary to support the site delivering the annual plan, complete with measures of performance;
- Plan and schedule people and resources to deliver quality service provision
- Installation and maintenance of Diesel Equipment services and Surface Infrastructure
- Introduction/commissioning of Diesel Equipment
- Ensuring full implementation of the Site Safety and Health Management systems in own area
- Fully understanding Moranbah North Mine’s Safety and Health goals
- Mentor trades and apprentices that report to you and be a focal point for the site’s mechanical apprentice program
Qualifications & Experience
You will be Mechanical trade qualified with previous coordinator or supervisory experience in a similar role. You will be required to have excellent knowledge of underground diesel equipment, Work within a pre-set budget. Tertiary qualifications in Maintenance Management would be an advantage but not essential. Experience with Mainstay, Fusion, Ellipse and Microsoft Office as well as exposure to equipment used in underground Longwall mining will be highly regarded. The successful applicant will be driven by equipment availability and the ability to focus on maintenance costs, workplace efficiency and will be committed to Zero Harm through the development of a pro-active safety culture.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Surface Mechanical Coordinator Mining Jobs Moranbah QLD