See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Quality / Supply Chain Coordinator
Supply Chain Coordinator Coal Quality Bowen Basin QLD
At BHP they support people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations,they can offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. The strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to values and objectives, and where the capability of the people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.
In Queensland’s Bowen Basin, BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC) is a joint venture owned by BHP (80%) and Mitsui and Co (20%) which operates the Poitrel & South Walker Creek mines. These mines have a total production capacity in excess of 9.0 million tonnes per annum of coking and PCI coal.
What is different about BMC?
BMC is a dynamic, flexible, diverse and rewarding business. They have a strong focus on people and their development. At BMC, you are encouraged to be inquisitive, put forward new ideas and try to understand why they do things the way they do.
About the role
They currently have an opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator to join the Integrated Operations team across Poitrel and South Walker Creek Mine. You will be responsible for planning and executing a logistics plan from the ROM through to the port with mine planning and marketing.
You will also generate effective tracking of inventory and product that can identify progress to plan variations, including a forecasting process that provides visibility externally and internally of the plan and future risks.
Key of responsibilities
- Be the interface with the CHPP, Production Execution and Production Planning for logistics
- Forecast production and quality and manage deviations in resource quality through the supply chain
- Maintain visibility of inventory level and their impact on the logistics process
- Transparently and proactively communicate production plans, risks and opportunities to the broader Integrated Operations team and BMC’s marketing team
- Maintain effective relationships for day to day planning and work execution with marketing, tech marketing, and BMC’s port and rail providers
- Proactively manage the vessel queue to mitigate demurrage
- Execute month-end production and inventory accounting work in line with BHP’s processes
To be successful in this role you will have an Engineering, Geology or Production Mining/Processing background or similar with strong planning skills and attention to detail.
Further you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels. You will also have good computer skills, including knowledge of 1SAP, Microsoft Office applications such as advanced Excel skills.
On offer to you:
You will benefit from a rewarding career path, an excellent remuneration package inclusive of competitive salary, performance bonus, employee share options and a relocation package (if required). The majority of their employees drive in & drive out from Mackay by company supplied transport. You will reside in modern village accommodation with en suites and first-rate facilities based in Coppabella during your days on.
BMC embraces diverse thinking and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
Would you like to apply?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Supply Chain Coordinator Coal Quality Bowen Basin QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list