See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisors Leading Mechanical
Supervisors Leading Mechanical Conveyor Projects QLD
Require experienced underground conveyor Supervisors and Leading Hands with Mechanical or Operator backgrounds for immediate starts to lead teams on long term projects within the Bowen Basin.
Reporting to the supervisor you will be responsible to ensure the health and safety of crew members underground, performance & that workmanship standards are maintained at a high level.
Successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in conveyor installation; or conveyor maintenance projects in an underground coal mine
- Previous leading hand experience in underground coal mining roles
- Relevant underground equipment tickets
- Ability to problem solve on a task level to ensure shift plans are completed safely and in a timely fashion
- Ability to work autonomously / self-directed
- Lead by example and reinforce correct and appropriate behaviours from your crew members and ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Provide accurate daily reporting on plan versus actual progress achieved for the shift, delays, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training competency (Underground)
- S123 and G2 qualifications
- Minimum of 2 Years underground coal experience
- At least 1 years’ experience in a leading hand role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to operating safely
- Mechanical Trade Qualifications
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Supervisors Leading Mechanical Conveyor Projects – QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.