You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction before applying for the job. Standard 11 inductions can be completed in 2 days in a face-to-face setting and Standard 11 refreshers can be done online.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Job Information category.
Supervisor Mining Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
Current Supervisor Tickets – S1, S2, S3 & G2 Qualifications Required
Wolff Mining are searching for mining supervisors to work in the Mackay & Coalfields region. If you possess your S123 & G2 qualifications and other requirements be sure to get over a resume!
About the mining role:
Reporting to the Project Manager, your main objective as the Supervisor is to ensure that the daily operational mine plans are implemented and the objectives are achieved. You will also be responsible for full compliance to both the National Group / Wolff Mining and our Client’s safety and operating policies and procedures. Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to build a high performing and strong safety culture throughout the crew
- Ensure agreed production targets are met
- Crew Management
- Accurate completion of mandatory client and company documentation
- Liaise with Client representatives and develop solutions for issues raised
- Ability to carry our Performance and Conflict Management
- Other ad hoc duties as directed by the Project Manager
Suitable candidates must have or be willing to obtain the following requirements:
- Current Supervisor Tickets – S123 & G2
- Demonstrated supervisory experience on an open cut coal mine
- Experience overseeing rehabilitation works
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- RII competency for Conduct Tracked Dozer Operations
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- S11 SOA Generic Induction
- Current drivers licence
- Pass a Drug & Alcohol test.
About the Company:
WOLFF Mining specialises in providing a range of automated and innovative solutions such as large scale satellite bulk dozer push, contract mining services, excavator pre strip fleets, civil earthworks, blast hole drilling, site clearing and rehabilitation works. We currently operate a fleet of 80 – 800 tonne Excavators, D11 bulldozers and a range of ancillary equipment.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.