If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor Mining Engineer Jobs
Competitive Pay + Housing Allowance
- Residential Role | Monday to Friday
- Emerald Based | Must be willing to relocate
- Competitive Remuneration + Housing Allowance
Hays are recruiting Supervisor Mining Engineer for jobs out in Brisbane.
- Providing technical advice (mine design)
- Ensuring efficient and accurate updating of hazard management plans
- Stay up to date on best practice (mine design)
- Optimise the mine design and schedule via collating data
- Implement daily plans & maintenance schedules
- Initiate productivity improvements
- Interpret & analyse short term mine schedules
- Ensuring the mine plan is updated in compliance with environment permits/licences, cultural heritage and mining practice
- Actively contribute to hazard reporting, safety inspections and audits.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful for this role you will hold the following attributes/qualifications:
- Experience in a similar role in underground mining
- Advanced diploma or equivalent in underground coal management – desirable
- Ability to work to deadline’s whilst still providing a quality outcome
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong Computer Skills with software skills in Microsoft word, excel, power point and Project
- S1, S2 & S3 & G2 Competencies
- Standard 11 Induction Training or equivalent
You will be required to complete a Coal Board Medical along with a D&A test if successful in securing this role should you not hold a current induction.
What you’ll get in return:
This assignment will reward you with a PERMANENT position based in Emerald working on a Monday to Friday roster. You will be remunerated above the industry standard which will be inclusive of a housing allowance to assist you with residing in Emerald. Limited company discounted accommodation may also be available.
Why get your Supervisor qualifications?
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative.
As a S1, S2 & S3 qualified Supervisor, you’re viewed as a trusted manager/team leader. Someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job and can manage people in a natural and nonthreatening way.
Supervisor roles also get you ready for much bigger pay cheques!
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.