If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Supervisor Maintenance – Mining R Crew
Supervisor Maintenance Mining Rio Tinto Australia
- Work in a challenging and rewarding role with scope for career progression
- Be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative team
- Family friendly lifestyle roster – Residential role only – Gove
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. They have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. Committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, their people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
HME Equipment by ensuring all planned and breakdown work is carried out in a safe and effective manner within controlled costs as per budgeted maintenance plans.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminum, one of the world’s most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, they operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world’s most modern and competitive aluminum smelters portfolio. There industry leadership includes benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydro power position, key strengths in today’s carbon-constrained world.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work and continue to develop a strong safety focused team culture across all areas of HME maintenance Working a 4 days on, 4 off roster and reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance Mining.
You will be:
- Supervising the execution of maintenance schedules to safely achieve maintenance cost targets and maintenance performance targets
- Participating in the preparation of accurate weekly maintenance schedules and assign tasks to team members as required including the management of breakdowns
- Participating in the Measuring, Analyzing and recommending of improvements to Availability and Reliability.
- Defining safety requirements, parts, materials, labour (Internal – External) and obtaining as wells producing and updating task Lists, PRTs and JSPs as required
- Ensuring all safety procedures and processes are compliant utilizing CRM principles
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Trade or technical qualification
- Significant experience in Heavy mining equipment maintenance
- Understanding of maintenance strategies
- Problem solving skills
- Competency in the use of SAP
- Working knowledge MS Office
It will also be beneficial if you have:
If you are searching for a new venture and the chance to work for a leading global mining organization, apply today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This job for Supervisor Mining Maintenance will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
If this sound like something for you, hit the APPLY button now for this great opportunity.
Click Apply for Supervisor Maintenance – Mining Rio Tinto Australia
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.