Superintendent Geology – Mining Operation QLD
Reporting to the Manager Planning, the purpose of this role is to oversee the collection, evaluation, and assessment of geological data, and to ensure all geology risks and opportunities are understood and mitigated. The role provides accurate geological advice to allow the mine design and schedules to be optimized enabling safe sustainable production.
What the Role Entails
- Maintaining personal conduct in line with company health, safety and environmental policies, and coaching others
- Overseeing and actively leading the Geology team for optimal technical practices and operational solutions
- Delivering Geology support and analysis into a complex and maturing hard rock underground mine
- Identifying, managing and mitigating the risks of operational exposure from Geology decisions.
- Leading the design and execution of mine drilling programs includes supervising relevant contractors
- Provide guidance to regional exploration planning and manage execution of exploration programs
- Driving continuous improvement and best practice into geology processes, QAQC routines and system
- Ensuring compliance to Geology budget and other administrative requirements
- Interacting with Mine Planning, Operations & S32 peers, and external consultants and peers.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- A Tertiary qualification in Geology or Geologic Engineering is essential for this role with a preference for an additional qualification (in Geostatistics, Mining , Geotechnical Engineering or Project Management)
- Extensive and diverse Geology experience is also required ideally in an underground hard rock metalliferous mining environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing teams of technical experts, along with problem solving and optimization capabilities. This includes the ability to organize, prioritize and plan work for the team to meet goals
- Knowledge and interpretive understanding of all technical tools used (mechanical as well as numerical tools);
- Solution focused with the ability to drive change
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply for this job?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Superintendent Geology Mine Planning Operation QLD