If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Superintendent Coal Clearance & Mine Services
Based at Appin Operations, the Superintendent Coal Clearance and Mine Services will provide leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving coal clearance and mine services operations are executed safely by maintenance personnel in accordance with work schedules, relevant standards and work instructions.
This role needs to set clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency in addition to providing feedback to teams and individuals whilst tracking non-compliance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Participating in weekly planning and scheduling process meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources and plant to the work schedule
- Ensure execution of Coal Clearance and Mine Services activities are in line with weekly schedule or scheduled outages and minimize unscheduled work activities
- Analyse equipment performance with a view to predicting and preventing unscheduled downtime
- Provide input into the Coal Clearance and Mine Services budget by reviewing the existing Work Plans and stand-alone Task List
- Accept accountability for the performance of their teams by ensuring quality of task and services
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to deliver on plan and build a high performing team
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years working in an Underground Coal Mine
- Trade Certificate and/or Degree, Associate Diploma or Diploma in a relevant Mechanical Maintenance Engineering field
They would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Superintendent Coal Maintenance Mine Services NSW