Superintendent Coal Clearance & Mine Services
Based at Appin Operations, the Superintendent Coal Clearance and Mine Services will provide leadership and direction to ensure all maintenance activities involving coal clearance and mine services operations are executed safely by maintenance personnel in accordance with work schedules, relevant standards and work instructions.
This role needs to set clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency in addition to providing feedback to teams and individuals whilst tracking non-compliance.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Participating in weekly planning and scheduling process meetings to ensure alignment and commitment of resources and plant to the work schedule
- Ensure execution of Coal Clearance and Mine Services activities are in line with weekly schedule or scheduled outages and minimize unscheduled work activities
- Analyse equipment performance with a view to predicting and preventing unscheduled downtime
- Provide input into the Coal Clearance and Mine Services budget by reviewing the existing Work Plans and stand-alone Task List
- Accept accountability for the performance of their teams by ensuring quality of task and services
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to deliver on plan and build a high performing team
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions. In addition, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years working in an Underground Coal Mine
- Trade Certificate and/or Degree, Associate Diploma or Diploma in a relevant Mechanical Maintenance Engineering field
They would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results
- Acts in line with the South32 values of Care, Trust, Togetherness & Excellence.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Superintendent Coal Maintenance Mine Services NSW
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.