This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Storeman Jobs Mackay & Coalfields
$30 – $31 p/h + Meals & Accommodation
ABOUT THE ROLE:
AWX are searching for Trades Assistance/Storeman with current RII Skid steer ticket & HRWL-Forklift licence for work on a 7/7 roster, day/night 12 hours shifts. They are searching for someone who can keep up with the exponential growth levels that sets AWX as the fastest-growing recruitment business in Australia.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Current HRWL – Forklift
- Current RII – Skid Steer ticket & Relevant experience
- Must be available to start immediately
- Experience working in Stores – Highly Regarded
- Able to complete a Coal Board Medical
- Able to complete a Standard 11 Induction Training
- Complete labouring duties
- Pass a D&A
- Must be reliable and have good references
- A competitive hourly rate + penalties
- Meals & Accommodation provided & a meal allowance
- Ongoing work for the right candidate
- DIDO – North Goonyella
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
They are a large Australian recruitment company who are proud of our company culture and truly believe our people are our biggest assets. AWX are well regarded across many industries and constantly have new and exciting roles available for the right people to grow within our business. Whether you are searching for short term roles or to work on long term projects then joining the AWX Team is the right move for you.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.