Preparing for the next wave of mining jobs in North Queensland
Recent Nickel Plant Job Losses Sparks New Interest In Mining Jobs
With the controversy around Clive Palmer’s Queensland Nickel plant closure, which operates the Palmer Nickel and Cobalt Refinery is located 25 kilometres north-west of Townsville, more workers are looking to mining as a possible solution to their next employment move. Although, switching to mining is still not the easy way out of the current situation, many workers have decided to look to the future coal mining sector as a means of secure employment.
With Indian group Adani, fighting their case for the development of their Carmichael mine in the Galilee Basin and Townsville being pinned as a possible mining supply hub for road based transport, the opportunities for FIFO workers are becoming more apparent than ever.
With this in mind, it`s full steam ahead for those who wish to get their mining qualifications up to date. The Queensland government has a world-wide reputation as providing a safe and injury-free workplace. This is largely due to its mandatory training program know as the Standard 11 mining induciton program.
Do Your Standard 11 in Townsville
1 Day Standard 11 Mining Induction courses in Townsville.
Have you got recent mining experience and have the need to complete a Standard 11 Mining Induction?
Fast track your Standard 11 with a one-day course at a reduced rate!
Contact Michelle on 0755 202 522 to find out more and make a booking
About Mining Induction Training
- The Mining Induction course is designed by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines, mining employers and follows the Queensland Mines Inspectorate directive. This means what you will learn on this course are the skills and knowledge the mining companies want and NEED you to have.
- Completion of the course gives you advanced knowledge of Work Health & Safety in a mining environment, keeping you and other mine workers safe from potential injury and harm on a mine site.
- This mining induction course (Standard 11) also cover metaliferous. This means you can work on more mine sites and quarries and not just coal mines.
- The training is designed to exceed the safety standards required. We do this to put YOU in the best position to improve your career.
- The team of trainers have real mining experience which means not only are they excellent trainers, they can also help you understand life in the mines.
- The Standard 11 has been developed as a 1 day, face-to-face training program. New starters, as well as currently employed people can apply this knowledge, be well-prepared to work safely in a mining environment.
- The Standard 11 is a Queensland government initiative.
Contact Michelle on 0755 202 522 to book your spot…
or learn more about the iMINCO Standard 11 course