If you’re looking for a job in the Queensland mining industry, the Standard 11 qualification is just what you need. This generic induction course is designed to introduce new employees to the Queensland mining industry and highlights the safety aspects of working in a coal or metaliferous mining environment, especially in the Bowen Basin and Galilee Basin region of North Queensland.
Having completed your Standard 11 could result in more replies from prospective employers when you add it to your resume. One of the first skills resource recruiters look for are safety skills, so they can be sure you will be able to work safely alongside their existing workers.
Held at Pialba, Hervey Bay, the Standard 11 course lasts for 3 days, starting at 8.30am and finishing at 4.30pm daily. Please wear comfortable clothing, enclosed footwear and it would be appreciated if you could arrive 5 mins early before the start of the Standard 11 course.
Standard 11 Hervey Bay”“ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit”¯ is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines ““ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Standard 11 course in Hervey Bay, Queensland.
Standard 11 Hervey Bay 14 Dec