Held in Rocklea, Brisbane, the instructors and trainers who deliver the Standard 11 (generic induction mining) are all highly experienced and over the 3-day course, will give you the core safety skills you will need to progress. Completing this Standard 11 course in Brisbane and adding it to your resume is a good way to get noticed and will help you get to the interview stage.
Standard 11 Requirements for employers
Mining companies and recruiters will always favour applicants who meet the criteria first. Generally, they will not spend any time interviewing candidates who do not meet the mining safety standards. That’s why it is essential you complete your Standard 11 before you apply for mining jobs. It’s the first step towards a career in mining and will set you apart from others who are competing for the same job.
When you click the link below, you will see testimonials from previous students. They will tell you how well-received and effective the Standard 11 course is in helping them get into a position where they can confidently apply for positions in the mining and resource sector.
Standard 11 Brisbane ““ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit”¯ is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines ““ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Standard 11 course in Brisbane.
Standard 11 Brisbane 14 Dec