Standard 11 – Surface Operations
This Standard 11 Induction course is a mine when added to your resume will show your prospective employer that you have taken the time to attend the course at your own cost, and have the core skills to enable you to work safely alongside their existing employees. All mining companies and contractors require this certification.
Held in Edwardstown, Adelaide, the 3-day course is prepared and instructed by competent and highly experienced trainers. They will ensure your time with them is constructive and rewarding. Feedback from previous students has shown that the course is viewed as enjoyable as well as informative.
The Standard 11 training times are 8.30 to 4.30 daily. Comfortable clothes and enclosed shoes should be worn. If you can, please arrive 5 mins early to the course.
Standard 11 Adelaide ““ Surface Operation Course Subjects:
- RIIRIS201B Conduct Local Risk Control
Hazard ID, control and risk assessment and in a mining environment
- RIIERR302A Respond to Local Emergencies
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
- RIIGOV201A Comply with Site Work Processes / Procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal well-being, and complete relevant reports and forms
- RIIOHS201A Work Safety and Follow OHS Policies and Procedures
- RIIERR205A Apply Initial Response First Aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
- RIICOM201A Communicate in the Workplace
Identify, access and use work site communication systems and equipment, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
- Complimentary access to Industry Pathways student services website giving you access to highly researched materials that will help you find and apply for mining jobs
- Hints on how to create a mining focused resume to really help you get your foot in the door with mining companies.
- Mining interview tips to give you the confidence to talk to any mining company or recruiter in a positive and authoritative manner which reflects your ability to instantly get on with other people, which is important in mining environment where teamwork is a part of daily mining life.
- Discount card for 5% off all mining training courses with Industry Pathways.
- Discount card for 10% off all mining resume services with Industry Pathways.
- Access to complete lists of mining companies and an interactive map that highlights over 600 mines including contact details, what they do and addresses.
- Mining job notifications. Each week you`ll receive emails about where the mining jobs are, from entry-level mining jobs with no experience through to trades, construction, processing and mine-site management.
The “Mine-Ready Kit”¯ is literally worth hundreds of dollars and will save you a considerable amount of time when you`re looking for ideas and tips on how to get that dream job in the mines ““ and is available FREE to all students who complete the Standard 11 course in Adelaide.
Standard 11 Adelaide 30 Nov
The Standard 11 induction course - The State of Queensland, Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999 Section 37(3)