Specialized Civil Plant operators for their Tailings Dam project in Weipa
A world leader in finding, mining and processing the earth’s mineral resources is currently looking for Specialized Civil Plant operators for their Tailings Dam project in Weipa.
Duration: 5 month project, commencing mid-April 2017
Project: Tailings Dam / Wall Raise, specialised civil project
Roster: Monday – Saturday on a 2:1 Roster
Transport: FIFO from Cairns
Accommodation: Camp & Meals Supplied
Hours of Work: 10-12 hour days
- Prior Tailings Dam experience is highly regarded
- Experience on one or all of the following equipment:
- CAT 320, CAT 329, CAT 349 – Final Trim / GPS
- D6, D7, D10 Dozer
- CAT 815, 825 Compactor
- Scrapers – CAT 623G/K – Experience with laser level scrapers highly advantageous
- Graders – 140M All Wheel, 140M – GPS
- Water Carts, Water Trucks
- Must have detailed design, final trim or extensive civil tailings dam experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Operating Tickets or Certificates
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
- Apply Risk Management Processes Certification – or willing to obtain
- CPR – or willing to obtain [Valid for 1 year] – or willing to obtain
- First Aid – or willing to obtain [Valid for 3 years] – or willing to obtain
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Use Awareness Training – or willing to obtain [Valid 2 years] – or willing to obtain
- Strong compliance to and knowledge of site safety rules and regulations. High safety regard is paramount for this role.
**Looking for motivated, highly skilled civil plant operators.
In return you will be provided with:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the project
- Flights: Flights to and from Cairns only.
- An opportunity to grow your skills and work with a great team in one of the most beautiful, remote locations in Australia!
NOTE: When you apply for this job Civil Plant Operator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.