You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Specialist Mining Environment Officer
This position will hold a Monday to Friday Roster with camp available if required. Competitive Hourly Rates available dependent on skills and experience.
Within this role you will complete execution of activities that the Environment sub-function is accountable for (eg monitoring, management, implementation and review of Plans; and verification and reporting) as well as partner with operations to support their accountability for environment performance, utilize the 1SAP
Work Management process, as determined by the Work Management Group Level Document (GLD), support the deployment of improvement initiatives defined by the Environment Analysis and Improvement sub-function and environmental support to deliver legal/GLD provide compliance, manage impacts and enable growth.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary Degree in Environment Science, Environmental Management, Ecology, Natural
- Working knowledge of information systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Minimum of 3 years environmental management experience in a similar industry.
- Current Coal Board Medical – Section 4
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Posses a current C class drivers license.
Role competencies and attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in high pressure and competing priority and ambiguous environments for sustained periods
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Through myrewards platform, they offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction Training
If this sounds like you and your skills meet all of the above criteria including education and qualifications then we want to hear from you.Apply for Specialist Mining Environment Officer Coalfields Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list